I have been on Retin a micro (0.04) for about a month now and it has made my skin is super oily, it does not seem to be getting any better only more red and peeling..... is this normal ? how long should i continue before going to the derm for something new ............HELP !!!!
Best to talk to your dermatologist immediately and stop taking what was prescribed.
Also if you want to resolve your acne without harsh medical drugs or anti biotics please do the following... I'm 99% sure this will work for you.
In summary what I have been doing:
1. No more coffee in my diet.
2. No more dairy in my diet.
3. No more diet softdrinks in my diet.
4. No more refined flour in my diet, and I am greatly reducing the amount of bread products I am eating.
5. I bought a juicer, and have my lemon juice every single morning first thing.
6. I have been washing my back with lemon juice... Not only is this killing the bacteria, it also sped up the time
of that "after redness' and discoloration of the skin where a pimple once was.
7. I have been exercising daily. I have been doing both cardio, and yoga.
8. I use a towel 3 times only, after the 3rd use, It's time for a new towel.
9. Also when I towel my body, i 'pat' my skin dry rather than rub it dry. This will help retain moisture in the skin. And also not spread dead skin cells across you which my plug a pore.
10. I clean my bed sheets, blankets, and pillow case once a week. In addition to that, I only wear clean clothes when it's bedtime, and I shower before bed, so I am clean before I go into my bed.
11. I have been drinking my 8 glasses of water a day.
12. I wear 3 shirts a day... 1 after my shower and before my bed, 1 after i get out of bed and go off for my day, and 1 after i workout. (I know showering would help after my workout but then i just want to have 1 shower a day, not 2).
13.Hair... I wash my hair daily, and I wash it first when I shower. The bacteria will rinse off on my body, and the bacteria will wash all over my body out of my hair. If you want try something like head and shoulders shampoo, which is a bit harsher shampoo but will kill more bacteria rather than just 'wash it out'. But it's also a harsher shampoo. Or use an anti-bacterial shampoo.
14. Daily supplements... Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Garlic Oil, Zinc, Omega 3, Cal/Mag/Zinc, probiotic supplement.
15. 2 cups of green tea daily, in the morning a caffeinated cup, in the evening a decaffeinated cup.
16. Getting that 8 hours of sleep, and those 8 glasses of water.
17. Also I haven't been drinking any alcohol at all.
18. I have also been avoiding legumes, peanuts, etc.
19. One surprise is that I still include my one piece of dark chocolate (85%) cocoa
20. No soy products.
21. I have been eating more fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.