Acne Community
Roaccutane tablets

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Roaccutane tablets

Hello everyone,my dermartologist prescribed me 60g of roaccutane per day and I'm on my 25th day.
I have suffered the side effects of dry skin,dry and flacky lips too,I no longer have oil on my face as I used to have previously but I still have the white pustule that comes out of the face. I am on a five month prescription.

I could say that my face looks better than better,and still hopes that the treatment is gonna leave my skin clear after completing treatment.

I have heard people who have used roaccutane and got cleared and then acne comes back at a later stager,has anyone eperienced that?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is good to hear that you have good response to your prescription medication ( Roaccutane). Acne often responds well to treatment  but it may flare up from time to time. .  Hormone changes related to puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, OCP and stress as well as medication side effect, high levels of humidity and sweating may be responsible for the flare ups. But  healthy lifestyle- such as regular washing of the face, eating healthy, and drinking plenty of fluids may help prevent this.  Try not to squeeze or scratch the skin lesions also to prevent scarring. Take care and do keep us posted.
thank you Dr