Acne Community
Skin irritation Acne??? Dermatits????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin irritation Acne??? Dermatits????

Hi, I'm 25 and for the past 2 years i've been dealing with skin irritation/inflammation.  It seems that i have bumps only where I have hai on my body, for instance, I noticed I have bumps a long my groin, blistering sometimes painful bumps, these same bums are in my scalp, but sometimes they get crusty and oozy, I also noticed I'm losing hair where the irritation is.  I also have bumps on my face, but once again its only where I have hair, the bumps are painful and itchy.  i even have some in my eyebrows.  I think its pretty weird.  my dermatologist says its acne keloidalis idk how true that is, but I had several scalp cultures done, and the came to a conclusion that its not a bacteria.  I was prescribed cephalexin and that helped a little bit, but prednisone helped the most, I was on that med a couple years ago when I was dealing with chronic pain.  If someone has any clue to what this could be please let me know.