Skin irritation Acne??? Dermatits????
Hi, I'm 25 and for the past 2 years i've been dealing with skin irritation/inflammation.  It seems that i have bumps only where I have hai on my body, for instance, I noticed I have bumps a long my groin, blistering sometimes painful bumps, these same bums are in my scalp, but sometimes they get crusty and oozy, I also noticed I'm losing hair where the irritation is.  I also have bumps on my face, but once again its only where I have hair, the bumps are painful and itchy.  i even have some in my eyebrows.  I think its pretty weird.  my dermatologist says its acne keloidalis idk how true that is, but I had several scalp cultures done, and the came to a conclusion that its not a bacteria.  I was prescribed cephalexin and that helped a little bit, but prednisone helped the most, I was on that med a couple years ago when I was dealing with chronic pain.  If someone has any clue to what this could be please let me know.
Hi there!

Aside the male pattern baldness, alopecia could occur secondary to a few causes such as cellulites, fungal infections, hormonal imbalance, hypervitaminosis A, some autoimmune diseases such as lupus, medications side effect, infection, folliculitis etc. This occurring along with inflammation/ bumps is likely to be due to infections/ inflammation. Acne keloidalis is a possibility as well, though it is the allergic/ inflammatory causes that best respond to steroids. Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to come to a conclusive diagnosis or suggest a management plan. It would be best to have this re-evaluated by a dermatologist or consider getting a second opinion for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!