Acne Community
Small red bumps in localized area on Scalp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

On my scalp in one localized spot there was itching and red bumps some small and one a little bit bigger and was pink in color. Itches bad sometimes and sore when touched with anything!

About the second day I was itching it and pressing on it, it felt a little wet and oily, so then I guess I spread what ever it was and the red bumps appeared and was pink. So I put acne pimple cream on the area hoping that is was a pimple and that I could pop the "caca" out of it but(sadly)no. So, there is still the red dots and pink spot. I thought well, clean the area with alcohol. That hurt. After that peroxide. That hurt too. The next day there was a scab that was brown. My mom put more peroxide on the area. That time is sizzle and hurt. Today, I put more peroxide on it, it hurts still. I washed my hair with neutrogena t-gel like I always do. Didn't hurt, but the warm water kinda did. Put conditioner in it but NEVER on my scalp,like I always do. After it was semi-dry I put more peroxide on the area, it hurt. It still hurts so if anybody has any idea what this is or has experienced this before on there scalp please tell me how to stop it so it never happens again! Because in the exact same spot on the opposite side of my head the same thing like a week and a half ago. It went away and wasn't as painful and I got rid of it with the pimple cream. Just provide me with other alternatives please!
i would would wash with Neutrogena T-sal shampoo a couple times a week.  Alternate it with what you are using already, T-gel right?  It removes the build up on the scalp to prevent clogging of the follicle and subsiquent infection that may follow.  I get those spots on my scalp all the time as does my husband.  Try to not keep messing with them as it will only take them longer to heal. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. Although I haven't seen any shampoo that was neutrogena Tsal? I'm still using the Tgel.  The red bumps that I wrote about have gone but I got somemore in the other spot on the right side of my head. The bumps on the left are gone. For the left side I had my sister pluck out a hair because she said that the hair growing out of it looked ingrown and since she did that no pain whatsoever after the fact and I was really happy! But no the right side bumps are back and it totally sucks. This time me and my mom decided to use aloe vera from a small little plant that we have growing in the house. It still hurts a little bit and I'm guessing that the aloe vera treatments are gonna take some time to work for the spot to go away. Either that or I'll just have my sister come over and pluck another hair out!

Thanks for the comment. If anybody else has someother tips/advice come on with it, I'll use it.
PitaJean i have the exact same probablem as you do and i also use the same brand of shampoo. I read your post and  i thought that was me writting it. The proxcide does hurt but it does help. The only bad thing is i hate it when i touch them n it makes me want to take the scab off i dont like scabs and its embarassing when i go get my hair done, but using the alcohol proxcide stuff works just dont peel the scab like i do hehe. I was thinking about going to a skin doctor to figure this out an some other things.
I suffered through all of your symptoms for years. It was embarrassing, plus painful and uncomfortable. I tried everything you tried, which was partly common sense, and partly what I read online.  The only thing that worked for me is Baby Shampoo every other day, plus Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution 2 or 3 times per  week.
Okay so my problem with the red bumps its getting worse the red bump has gotten bigger id say the size of a kidney bean and im thinking i should go to my doctor or is there anything you all have used that helps cause i need all the help i can get.
am having the same prob too..infact i got head lice wid some friends at school and that created an infection in my head..i started to get red bumps in ma head n that reli reli hurts..i cant even comb my hair well now..i tried everything possible to get rid of that horrible thing but in vain..can anyone suggest how to get rid of that forever??plzzzz i need help..gimme some advices/tips wich may help me..i'll be grateful..thnx in advance..
GO TO THE DOCTOR IT COULD BE SKIN CANCER
i am having the same problem about small red bumps on head scalp?? it's scary and itchy!!!!!!!!!!! can someone tell me please what should i do 2 solve this problem??
a couple of days ago i started noticing my scalp was really itchy..i switched my conditioner and my shampoo and its still itchy and i have a few little bumps and one big bump. the one is really red and i scratched it now it really hurts! HELP!!! my mom is gonna take me to the doctor im so scared that it might be skin cancer! :( can anyone help? and yes the red bump feel alittle oily..what is that?!?!?!?!
Possible solution.  I recently came across an item called "Tamanu Oil" and have started using it.  It seems to be having a good effect.  There are some good reviews about it posted on Amazon.com.  I hope this helps!

Minn