Acne Community
Small whiteheads around lips and corners of mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Okay I'm a 18yr old male, about last year I had maybe one or two small pimples around my lips or in the corner of my mouth, nothing serious but as time went on more and more popped up till I had several around the corners of my mouth and some on the lip line. They are hard to notice unless you stretch the skin and they sometimes have a thick whtie "cheesy" puss inside. No matter how much so squeeze them the puss fills back almost the same day. The more you mess with them the redder they get. They eventually flare up just like regular pimples, so it's best not to mess with them. They eventually go down in size and redness but never go away entirely. Then their back to the small skincolred bumps that are in clusters, so embarrassing. The worst part is there not staying that way they are spreading down the sides of my mouth almost to the sides of my chin. I heard it could be fordcye spots but they say those don't flare up like these do. I need help asap. I went to the dermatologist that put me on an oral antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide face wash on top of retin-a. So I'm properly washing my face. It also seems to be spreading to my cheeks. I really don't care about that I just want them away from my mouth and COMPLETLY gone. Also I don't know if this is related but my lips are always dry no matter how much chap stick I use. Then carmex burns when I really don't seem to have chapped lips (that's weird) I also heard that dry mouth or lips can cause acne around the mouth but I am wondering if it's perioral dermatitis or some type of fungal infection or a vitamin defiency. If anyone has this or knows what it is please comment. Thanks
Hey,

Did you get an answer? I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms... Thank you.