Acne Community
Squeezing blackheads
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Squeezing blackheads

I squeezed several blackheads on my chin today (I know- not supposed to...) and the "stuff" that came out was green and there was a lot of it. I've never seen green "stuff" before.  It doesn't seem like a good thing. Should I be concerned?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
prolly just black heads that have been there for awhile without you noticing that built up over time  sometimes this can cause a slight green color
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. Despite the name, blackheads are not always black and the bacteria-filled substance which comes out with extraction may be green or yellow.
Do not squeeze blackheads in future, this seldom improves the appearance and may leave an enlarged pore behind. It may also spread bacteria under the skin causing more blackheads or spots. Repeated squeezing will lead to permanent scarring.
See your doctor for a topical synthetic retinoid called Differin gel. This is good for blackheads, papular and pustular acne.
Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank