Acne Community
Storing Accutane

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Storing Accutane

I am currently taking generic Accutane (Claravis 20 mg) and was wondering if there is a storage reason why the pills are dispensed in blister packs instead of a bottle? I'm asking because I would like to pop all of the pills out and put them in a bottle to make transportation of them easier, but I don't want to do so if they are kept in blister packs for relevant storage purposes.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is best to store accutane  or isotretinoin in its original package  at 15-30 degrees Celsius.  It is important to protect the capsules  from exposure to moisture, heat and light.  It is also recommended that you take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.  Take care and best regards.