Acne Community
Strange mass hanging from draining cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Strange mass hanging from draining cyst

I am currently using Ziana to clear up cystic acne and folliculitis.  I have been using it for about 4 weeks and it has been working very well to clear my pores.  At the onset of treatment, I had two underground cysts.  One of them started to form a head earlier this week, but now it looks very different than other drainage that I've experienced.  There is a bulbous mass hanging out of where the open pore is.  It isn't made of pus, but is a mixture of pus color and some red tissue.  It is somewhat soft, but it just sits there.  I can look down the side of it that it is coming from within the pore and seems to be connected to more red mass inside.  I really don't know what this is or how to treat it.  I have applied bacitracin to it to no avail.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  As it is on my face, I would really like to know how to help it heal as quickly as possible.  
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine what it could be. Possibilities that may need to be considered include cell debris, skin tag etc. I would suggest getting this examined by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!