Acne Community
Strange pimple(s) inside upper lip
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange pimple(s) inside upper lip

Hi,

I'm not usuall0y prone for outbreaks of acne or skin problems however this week I have noticed a rather large pimple in/on my upper lip. It's swollen enough that it looked as though I was punched on the lip or received an insect bite.
I cannot pop it nor have a tried for it might scar. Now today I am noticing what is the beginning to be a second albeit smaller "zit". However I do have to divulge some personal information because I am afraid that it might be a cold sore or a form or herpes.
I engaged in oral sex with someone I just met on the weekend. She claims to be completely clean and prior to engaging in this activity I mentioned that the pesky pimple earlier that evening.
I am at a loss whether or not it's a simple, strange outbreak if acne? I have noticed that there is mild tingling in my upper lip as well. I also have a slightly sore throat and my ears a a little tender but don't feel terribly ill. Also I have never had an STD before and would like to keep it this way.
Does anyone have an educated medical answer for my symptoms.
Thanks.