Acne Community
This pimple like thing on top of my nose won't go away

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

It's been like a month already since I've had this pimple like thing on top of my nose it's big too and red. The thing is it doesn't feel like a pimple it's not hard but if I touch it and press alittle it's alittle soft and when I move it around with my finger and press down hard there's no pain or anything. It's been about a month already and I usually have big pimples on my nose and they go away and shrink through time but this one is the longest and it's as if it's not SHRINKING... does anyone know what it may be and why it won't go away??? I'm even embarrased to go outside and I won't. Please help
Hi. What acne treatments are you using? It sounds as if over the counter meds would not be strong enough for the severity of your acne. See your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline 250mg twice daily and a topical retinoid such as Differin gel (contains adapalene).
Female acne patients respond well to taking an anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as diane35/dianette which blocks the actions of acne-causing hormones.
A great make-up for covering imperfections is Toleriane by La Roch-Posay. Buy one of their cleansers with high make-up removing power. Or try Estee Lauder's Maximum Coverage foundation and their Sparkling Clean Cleanser for oily skin.
Eloise.