Acne Community
Toddler (2 years old) with acne-like rash on face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

My son is two years old, he will be three in April. About a week ago he started getting what looks like acne on his face. These spots are bright red with pus filled centers, they look like acne. They are around his mouth and on his cheeks. They seem to come and go faster than regular acne. Some are small and others are almost 1/4 inch big. They appear overnight and are gone in a day or so, but then new ones appear. He has about 3-7 at a time. He has very dry skin, probably eczema, from me. Under his nose is also red with some bleeding and crusting, maybe just from being dry, but could be related. He was sick last week with a head cold and sore throat, but seems fine now.

Is this simply the same hormone related acne of teenagers? And if so, will it go away? How to care for it?
Or is it something more?

Thank you in advance!
Beth
I know this is a relatively old post, but I was just perusing around and just read it.  I hope you took your toddler to the Dr!  Poor little guy!  I had very sensitive skin and eczema as a kid (it has gotten much better over time, now my skin is normal if not tending toward oily).  Definitely have this looked at professionally.  It could be an allergic reaction to something he eats or the soap you use on him, or related to his sensitive skin.  As a kid I had to use special soap (i.e. Cetaphil).  My friend whose kids have horribly sensitive skin uses only Cetaphil or Aveeno products on them.  Also over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream couldn't hurt to try to reduce the inflammation, redness, and especially if it itches.  Have it checked out, because if it is enduring, or if he scratches at it, it could lead to further infection and scarring.
I know this is a post from 4 years ago, but it sounds like my 2 yr old son has the exact same thing on his face as your daughter did. it looks like he has pimples all over and it goes away in a few days but then reappears again. he gets it on his cheeks mostly but sometimes his nose chin and ear (which i thought was weird). Did you ever find out what it was or how to treat it and make it go away? Thanks.