Acne Community
Topical Corticosteroid Acne
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Topical Corticosteroid Acne

Roughly two months ago I used a very potent topical corticosteroid, Clobetasol Proprionate, for around three weeks. Shortly after this I began breaking out excessively (I was on accutane earlier this year, so I was used to being clear). Ever since then I have not stopped breaking out on my face.

The steroid was applied to my lower stomach area, and behind my arms. I have since researched the ointment, and it states that acne is a side effect. My question is, does this go away on its own once the topical has been stopped? Do I need to use another treatment to get rid of my acne again?

This is very frustrating as I stated before I just got off accutane, I was so excited to have clear skin. Any help on this topic would be much appreciated.