Acne Community
Triamcinolone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Triamcinolone

I have never been diagnosed with acne. I have, however been diagnosed with psoriasis.

I was diagnosed with psoriasis six years ago. I was prescribed triamcinolone acetonide and ultravate. They were wonderful for my psoriasis, but went several years without health insurance and I was unable to refill my prescription. Recently, I was able to get more triamcinolone.

Although I have not been diagnosed with acne, I have had trouble with breakouts of red spots and flaky, dry skin on different areas of my face for years. I was once given doxycycline for this, but it only made the dryness worse. I put the triamcinolone on my face once daily and my face completely cleared up in less than a week.

Now, after two weeks of using the triamcinolone on my face, I am getting occasional large pimples deep under the skin that never actually form a head. They just swell under the skin for a day or two and dissappear. I usually only have one at a time. I am not too concerned, I have had these in the past. I usually only get them when I am on my period, though.

Is there anything wrong with using triamcinolone on my face to keep it from breaking out? Will it eventually stop working for breakout control? Is the triamcinolone causing these large pimples? Or is it possibly a normal, hormonal thing?

I'm just happy that my skin is perfectly smooth!... except for this one large, under-the-skin pimple.