Acne Community
Unbeatable Folliculitis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unbeatable Folliculitis

Whomever can assist,

I spent a day in rain-soaked tight clothing around in the same week that I had a vaguely sexual encounter (mostly frictional, clothes on, and a little bit of touching) I'm not sure which of these is the cause but now the follicles along the entirety of my testicles and the shaft of my penis are infected like ingrown hairs. I've tried mupurocin, hydrocortizone, anti-fungal creme, and even soaking in white vinegar and I've had little to no success clearing out the infection. Should I pluck the hairs? What else can I do? The persistence of this problem is deeply unsettling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,
It is important to confirm the diagnosis for accurate diagnosis and treatment. Few possible causes of your symptoms are rash due to friction rub, contact dermatitis, folliculitis, cysts or molluscum contagiosum.You may try applying warm compresses and take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Since your symptoms are persistent you may need oral antibiotics .This answer is based on the medical information provided and not a substitute for clinical examination. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please keep me posted on how you are doing.
Blank
Dr. Sharma,

It was my doctor who advised the hydrocortizone. He looked at it and called it folliculitis, which seems to be something of an umbrella term. When last I called him, he was out of suggestions and recommended I see a dermatologist. I fully intend to do that, but if you have any suggestions in the mean time, I'd be glad to hear them.

thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank