Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Very oily yet very dry skin
Hi my name is Sonia. I'm 16 years old and I've been struggling with various acne problems for a while now.
I've been seeing a dermatologist, but I try to find alternate remedies as well (since prescriptions tend to be very expensive)
Right now, I've been using Differin and Duac acne lotions. I've been on those for maybe 2 years.
Lately, however, my skin has been VERY dry (seeing as it's winter in Minnesota). But at the same time, I have extremely oily skin, which I usually blot once every hour (but I don't need to as much lately).
So I'm very confused as to why my skin is very oily yet very dry at the same time. I use cetaphil to wash, olay to moisturize, and sometimes even olive oil as a moisturizer (I heard it's a good natural product).
Oh and one more question on the side: is it bad to be using a body moisturizer on your face? I usually use a facial moisturizer, but I have this body lotion that works fairly well, and I thought I should give it a chance on my face.

Any help on my situation would be greatly appreciated :)
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
309783 tn?1271961829
Hi. I recommend products made especially for oily acneic skin which has become dry or fragilised due to acne treatments such as Differin and Duac. La Roche-Posay make a cleanser called Effaclar H (not the regular Effaclar which is just for oily skin). Lutsine Hydrafnia make a cleanser and moisturiser especially for this problem. Look online at pharmamudi and parasend sites if you can't get them in stores near you.
Use an oil-free moisturiser on your face. Olive oil and body lotions are likely to be too greasy and block your pores.
Eloise.
Comment
Cancel
309783 tn?1271961829
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank