Acne Community
Weird bumps, not acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Weird bumps, not acne

10234422?1397449207
Hi, it has been over a month, since I first noticed that these bumps on my chin were different than typical acne. I also have cold sores from time to time, and I know this isn't that either. These bumps range in size from a pea to the size of a silicon ball like you'd find inside a packet that's meant to keep something dry. They are right on and above the deep crease that separates my chin from the skin below my lower lip. I often have acne here due to the deep crease causing oil to pool in the area; however, these bumps do not have pus. When scratched they bleed profusely and have never released pus. After profuse bleeding for 15-30 min, they quickly scab, and they return to their original bizarre appearance. The appearance is important to talk about. Each bump is covered in little flaps of skin. They are not flat, rounded bumps, but instead they have multiple weird skin flaps on them. What are these bumps, and why can I not get rid of them? The only thing that I can think of is that it's fungal in nature, but that makes no sense to me.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A clinical examination is must for exact diagnosis and treatment. It is not possible to confirm the cause merely on the basis of a picture. Based on your history it is possible that it is  due to perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. Other possibilities are s are these can be clogged pores or whiteheads or folliculitis skin. It is a yellowish or blackish bump or plug on the skin and is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct. Apply a medicated cream or gel containing resorcinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This helps is soaking the oil and helps in peeling away the blackheads. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Consult your dermatologist for more queries and assistance. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!