Acne Community
What are some good acne treatments??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

What are some good acne treatments??

I have been taking minocylin everyday, benzolin in the morning, and Retin A micro at night..i have been consistent with it but it is getting worse and worse.
I recently started working with dogs at the pound so im thinking maybe thats the reason?
Can anyone tell me of a good acne treatment? im sick of people staring at my face ahhhhh
Ive tried proactive, and all sorts of things my dermotologist gave me but havent seen any improvement, i would try accutane but i think it will cost me like 800 a month?? Let me know if you have a good skin care treatment for severe acne and scars :(

Crystal
A good  skin care regime is a must.Wash with a gentle water soluble cleanser like cetaphil am and pm then use a beta hydroxy lotion to exfolitae the dead skin cells.Since you are using meds use them in the daytime and use the beta hydroxy at nght.Be gentle to your skin .For active breakout use benzoil peroxide on active breakouts.I prefer the 10% solutionand its availabel at wal mart.
Fro the beta hydroxy try Paulas choice from cosmeticscop .com.It is the best I have ever used.Stick with this regime for at least 4 weeks and you will see a huge difference in your skin.
Now later after you have established good skin care you might want to try the accuttane but first give the suggestions a try.Be very gentle with your skin and drink tons of water.
Let me know how it goes for you.
Love Venora
Hi, Best treatment I can recommend is Clearlight.  It cleared up my daughter's cystic, severe acne and nothing else worked, short of accutane.  
I forgot to mention that my daughter's dermatologist advised accutane but we rejected it due to the list of potential risk factor's so we were luckily enough to have a doctor, internist nearby, who offered this clearlight treatment.  It completely cured her acne, long term after about 4 treatments. I forgot to sign my earlier post, Tjoyce