Acne Community
What are these spots?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What are these spots?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some advice about the recurrent spots I keep getting on my neck and just behind my ears. The spots are not very painful and are not clustered more spread out over the neck area they have cropped up several times in the past few months and take ages to disappear. They are pink in colour and are slightly raised. I have a picture of them but your website does not allow IOS photos to be sent to you.Please could someone let me know what they are? Many thanks.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,
A clinical examination may be necessary for appropriate diagnosis and management of your symptoms. These spots can be due to allergy, inflammation or any bacterial or fungal infection. The shape and size of these rashes, clinical examination findings and presence or absence of any associated symptoms should be known for determining the correct cause. If they are associated with itching you may take an antihistaminic for relief in itching. This is only an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. It is best to consult a dermatologist if symptoms are severe or persistent. I hope it helps. Kind regards.
Blank
Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me. They are not itchy or painful. I shall make an appointment with my doctor.

Regards,

Kat
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703