Acne Community
What do I need to do to eliminate Blackheads?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I have had a problem with blackheads for awhile now 1. Because I have large pores and 2. Because I find that my skin is pretty oily. Maybe more oily than it should. But anyway I am currently suffering from rather large unsightly blackheads on my nose if you too suffer with them or you know someone who does you know that they are much more difficult to get rid of then normal pimples that most of the time can just be popped in seconds. So I need some good advice on how to take care of these blackheads and keep them away, they are very VERY annoying and I'm willing to do almost anything to get rid of them.
Use a good cleanser for oily skin such as Estee Lauder's Sparkling Clean Cleanser. Over the counter prepartaions for removing blackheads are, in my experience, of limited benefit. See your doctor for a topical retinoid gel called Differin (adapalene) which is extremely effective at clearing blackheads and acne. It is applied at night after cleansing and side effects (dryness, peeling, redness) are minimal compared to other synthetic retinoids such as Retin-A.
Eloise.