Acne Community
What is the best treatment for a 10 year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

who has small white pimples all over his nose and forehead?  Is it ProActiv ?   I got Differin from the doctor and used it for 6 months with no results.  Is he to young  to start to serious ritual?  He is adopted and his birth mom has very serious acne.  He is very worried about all these pimples.  He started getting them at nine.  The doctor told me they aren't really acne but I forgot what he called them so I could look them up.
Heyy I read your question about a 10 year-old boy who has white pimples all over his face. Well I'm just a little older than him and I used to have it at 8 years old!!! I kept getting it until I was 10. I got really sick with an infected throat and my fevers got relly high. So I would wash my face daily with a cold washcloth and keep sweat and oil off my face. After about one week almost half my acne was gone. The second week it was almost all gone. And the third week, my skin was as clear as ****!
Hi. My 9 year old son has had acne since birth. Our doctor refered him to an endrocrinologist for hormone tests to rule out an early puberty.
Differin (0.1% adapalene) is likely to be more effective than Pro-active (Benzoyl peroxide) but both are indicated for mild to moderate acne and more stubborn acne will require stronger topical treatment.
Most oral antibiotics cannot be taken until the patient is 12 years old because of the effect they have on growing bones and teeth.
Eloise.