Acne Community
What is this? Cystic acne? A boil?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

What is this? Cystic acne? A boil?

Hi everyone, this ia the third time in the last year I've gotten a mystery blemish. I'm 29, never had acne problems growing up but twice on the aide of my face I have had this red circle...a bit like a spider bite looking as there is a small (tiny really) head and a ring of red around it...and there is a hard lump under the skin. The two times on my face it finally went away but it took a very long time, and I thought it was scar it was so bad.

This time I have it on my neck, started as a hard lump under the skin and what looked like a little bug bite. But now the red circle
(which is completely round) is about the size of a quarter.

My friend once mentioned she had cystic pimples, is that what this is? I teach at a school and I asked the nurse, she said it looked like a boil....but I googled and the head is small and not really ...gooey like a boil. When this happened on my face it was the same thing, completely round circle around a tiny little whitish head

Should I call a dermatologist? This seems to happen about a week before my period.

It's sore, annoying, and very visible. Advice?
Related Discussions
  • help me !!!! (1 replies):
    i am a young man i used to have perfect skin i developed...[more]
  • Is this acne? (1 replies):
    I have some photos of my skin just wondering if this is ...[more]
  • Cystic Acne (1 replies):
    Hello: I have bad cystic acne in the gruin area & scr...[more]
  • yucky skin (1 replies):
    i have had acne for years. i am in my thirties and now ...[more]
  • cystic acne (1 replies):
    What is the best treatment(if any) for cystic acne?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesions. Possibilities that may need to be considered include cystic acne, boils, cysts etc. The treatment between these would slightly differ and would also depend on the severity. I would suggest getting this examined by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank