Acne Community
What is this? Cystic acne? A boil?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is this? Cystic acne? A boil?

Hi everyone, this ia the third time in the last year I've gotten a mystery blemish. I'm 29, never had acne problems growing up but twice on the aide of my face I have had this red circle...a bit like a spider bite looking as there is a small (tiny really) head and a ring of red around it...and there is a hard lump under the skin. The two times on my face it finally went away but it took a very long time, and I thought it was scar it was so bad.

This time I have it on my neck, started as a hard lump under the skin and what looked like a little bug bite. But now the red circle
(which is completely round) is about the size of a quarter.

My friend once mentioned she had cystic pimples, is that what this is? I teach at a school and I asked the nurse, she said it looked like a boil....but I googled and the head is small and not really ...gooey like a boil. When this happened on my face it was the same thing, completely round circle around a tiny little whitish head

Should I call a dermatologist? This seems to happen about a week before my period.

It's sore, annoying, and very visible. Advice?