Acne Community
What kind of acne is this? and is this normal??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What kind of acne is this? and is this normal??

Okay I had a hard bump on my nose and there was a little head on it that was kind of a darkish green. My friend told me it was a black head and I needed to pop it. But I don't think its a black head. Anyways I tryed popping it scratched at it until I pulled out the entire head. It was like a small hard ball that I pulled out of my nose.

It left a little hole in my nose(but now its closed up and it looks like I have the same acne again on my nose)
I have no idea what this is or why I was able to pull out a hard little ball looking thing from my pimple or whatever it is. Any idea on what this is??
Related Discussions
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. It was probably a blackhead (they are not always black despite their name) but you should not have popped it. Popping blackheads or pimples spreads bacteria under the skin, resulting in more lesions in the same place. It can also lead to a secondary infection, delayed healing time and even permanent scarring.
If you are prone to spots and blackheads first try an over-the-counter range such as Clearasil or Freederm. If this is of limited benefit see your doctor for a prescription-strength acne gel such as Duac or Differin.
Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank