Acne Community
White Bumps On Face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

White Bumps On Face

I have been struggling against these bumps for a long time. I feel like the reason they have not cleared up is because I have been undertaking treatments for acne when these bumps are clearly something else. When they come up I usually pop them which leaves a red mark for at least 2 weeks. My first question is what these are, second question why are they constantly coming up, and finally what I can do to stop them. This link goes to a picture of one. bit.ly/PwuxDT Thank you for all the help, I am getting fed up with these bumps.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still have the white bumps that you mentioned? It is difficult to say while looking at the picture but the white bumps could be due a variety of issues such as white heads, milia, Fordyce's spots, acne, and other skin conditions and may need to be evaluated directly for proper diagnosis. Try to avoid popping them to prevent secondary bacterial infection. Both self-care and over-the-counter medications that contain benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid may help. It is important that you clean your skin regularly  with a mild, nondrying soap. However, if these do not help improve the acne, prescription medications may be indicated and consult with a dermatologist may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.