Acne Community
YAZ Birth Controls??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

YAZ Birth Controls??

I've been on Yaz for about a month and half now and since i started the pills, my acne seems to have gotten worse then I ever had. Now my question for you is, does your acne get worse before it gets better and if so how long does it usually take for you ance to go AWAY
Tags: Acne, yaz
Hi. It is normal for acne to appear worse when you start using a new product, as unseen pimples are pushed to the surface. Yaz helps some women with acne because it is not based on testosterone like some pills. If you have not seen an improvement within 3 months talk to your doctor about switching to Diane35 (called Dianette in the UK). This contains an anti-androgen as well as oestrogen, and is the pill most recommended for clearing acne.
Eloise.