Acne Community
acne around mouth and chin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

acne around mouth and chin

in 24 years old and since i had been about 15-16 i have been in a losing battle against acne.  I had tried all types of topical oral medication and oral medication from accutane to tetracycline.  Recently i had been breaking out very often around my nose, chin, and around my mouth.  I had never really had a problem in this area before but it is very constant now.  Usually i would have break outs and clear up for a week or so but now im consistantly breaking out around my mouth and chin area.  What type of acne is this and are there any oral/topical medications that work very well?
do you talk alot on your phome with it toudhing your face?Phones are big bacteria traps.
Wash your face witha mild water soluble cleanser like cetaphil am and pm.
PM after cleansing use a beta hydroxy lotion (Availabe at most drug stores)to exfoliateFor active breakouts also use benzoil peroxide to disinfect.I prefer the 10% solution myself.I get the equate version at wal mart.It will kill the zit bacteria in 24 hours.
Good luck and let me know how it goes
Love Venora.
I use clindoxyl gel dries it right up. I get it around my chin but no more.
I have the exact same problem.  I have battled with it since i was about 17 and i am 23 now.  my doctor and i have tried all sorts of things but the most effective one i have found is Doxine. Do you notice that the problem is less durring the warmer seasons?  For me, the more i am in the sun the more it clears up. And the idea that it has to do with your phone does not seem to fit in my case because i dont talk on phones much at all. Anyway, the Doxine should be available through your doctor.  It seems to really clear things up around my nose, mouth and chin.  Have you tired it?
I'm 18, and I too have been in an uphill battle with severe acne on my chin, nose, neck, and around my mouth since i was about 13. I've tried tetracycline, proactiv, acne free, clean and clear, cetaphil, glymed, differen, and retin-a. I've had several $90 microdermabraisions, and i still struggle with severe and persistent acne. I've recently ordered the SkinID from neutrogena (basically the only brand i have yet to try) and i would really like to avoid the accutane as much as possible. A have severe scarring all over my face from the years of acne, i ordered a bleaching cream for that, but was instructed not to use it until the acne subsides. Are there any other types of optical medications that will help?