Acne Community
acne caused by going off birth control
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

acne caused by going off birth control

Hi i'm in my early 20's and am suffering from acne that seems to get worse every month. my problem started about 3 months after i went off the birth control pill i'd been taking for 2 years. my skin first became very oily and then acne-ridden. Before birth control i had very minimal acne and while i was on the pill my face was perfectly clear. although i enjoyed the clear skin i did not like other negative side effects of being on the pill. Right now i have been off the pill going on 5 months. I have little blackheads all over my face as well as my chest and upper back and occasional larger red pimples at my temples, forehead and chin area. I am using a non-glycolic cleanser and spf 30 in the morning and a pretty low dose benzoyl peroxide wash and cream at night plus a moisturizer under the benzoyl peroxide cream. I feel like it is not helping and i'm considering going back on the pill just to get the clear skin again...though i do not want to experience even worse acne if i decide to go off the pill again in the future. does anyone have any experience with acne caused by going off the pill and whether or not it clears up in time?