Acne Community
acne or not
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

acne or not

ok i wwent to the movies with my boyfriend last night and when he dropped me off home we kissed and the next day i woke up with two little pmpl looking things! there like light pink and their on the upper left corner of my upper lip (from my left) and im worried weather maybe there was some sorta disease evchanged or maybe germs or are they regular pimples????? im really worried and i dont know how to get rid of them because i cant pop them like normal acne help!
Related Discussions
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. Do not pop acne spots or other types of pimples, this can lead to delayed healing time, a secondary infection and even permanent scarring.
It is not possible to catch acne. However, these may be coldsores (herpes simplex virus) which can be transmitted by kissing. Coldsores are usually distinguishable from acne spots because they tingle and develop a crusty appearance. Don't worry though, coldsores can be easily treated by a preparation such as Zovirax available without prescription from the drugstore.
If you are prone to acne see your doctor for a prescription gel such as Duac or Differin. Female acne patients may also benefit from taking the combined oral contracptive pill to regulate their hormone levels.
Get a doctor or pharmacist to have a look at these lesions if you're not sure if they are coldsores or acne spots.
Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank