Acne Community
acne spreading

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

acne spreading

after poping a pimple it became red and the next day or 2 there are tons of zits around where it was popped.. is this normal
Never pop a pimple. It spreads bacteria under the skin causing more spots to form. It can also delay healing time, lead to secondary infection and even permanent scarring.
If you are prone to acne buy a face wash and treatment gel like Freederm (available without prescription, contains nicotinamide).
If your tendency to acne persists, see your doctor for a stronger treatment gel.
Eloise.
Yeah never pop a zit, a top dermatologist in my State also advised me to refrain from touching effected areas excessively (except when cleansing) as it may lead to you touching no effected areas and spreading bacteria.  
I agree with the others.  Popping a pimple, although tempting, is not a good idea. If your acne is severe, a doctor can help you.  Treat your face like your BFF and never scrub it.  Scrubbing is harsh and can pop pimples and spread bacteria further.  Always be very, very gentle with your skin.

Hope to help.