Acne Community
acne spreading
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

acne spreading

after poping a pimple it became red and the next day or 2 there are tons of zits around where it was popped.. is this normal
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Never pop a pimple. It spreads bacteria under the skin causing more spots to form. It can also delay healing time, lead to secondary infection and even permanent scarring.
If you are prone to acne buy a face wash and treatment gel like Freederm (available without prescription, contains nicotinamide).
If your tendency to acne persists, see your doctor for a stronger treatment gel.
Eloise.
Blank
755829_tn?1246922825
Yeah never pop a zit, a top dermatologist in my State also advised me to refrain from touching effected areas excessively (except when cleansing) as it may lead to you touching no effected areas and spreading bacteria.  
Blank
I agree with the others.  Popping a pimple, although tempting, is not a good idea. If your acne is severe, a doctor can help you.  Treat your face like your BFF and never scrub it.  Scrubbing is harsh and can pop pimples and spread bacteria further.  Always be very, very gentle with your skin.

Hope to help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank