Acne Community
adult acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

adult acne

Hi! I am 32 and have acne in my face! Could someone please recommend a cleaning routine for me that is not very $$$, over the counter products would be great!...I have been to a derm before, it worked the first time but later did not have the same results :/ basically i have bumps on one side of my face more than the other, also on my chin.... some of the bumps are red and hurt when they are trying to come up (ewwwwwwwwwwwwww) I am a woman of color so I am also suffering from the dark marks they are leaving,PLEASE HELP. all advice is welcomed :)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Acne usually occurs when pores on the surface of the skin become clogged (with bacteria, dirt and cells) which leads to these dreaded pimples.  Hormone changes related to puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, OCP and stress as well as medication side effect, high levels of humidity and sweating may be responsible. Both self-care and over-the-counter medications that contain benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid may also help. It is important that you clean your skin regularly  with a mild, nondrying soap ( such as Dove, Neutrogena, Cetaphil, etc) and avoid  squeezing or scratching to prevent skin infections and scarring. However, if these do not help improve the acne, prescription medications may be indicated and consult with a dermatologist may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi, going to the doctor is good but sometimes, it strips you with money when they prescribe you with expensive medicine and treatments that may not work. The person who knows and understands your skin more than anyone in the world is you. I was suffering from sebborhic dermatitis and acne for a very long time that it made me hopeless until i found this herbal called LACTO PAFI. I am from the philippines. Its being sold here for Php80.00, equivalent to 2 dollars. You can try to arrange a fast shipment with the dealer.I slathered it on my face and rinse it with water after a few seconds. Its very safe because its herbal. It has helped a lot and has gotten rid of my acne. Thank you God.