Acne Community
benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and micro retin-a

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

hello,
I have been using all of these products lately, and they have severely dried my skin. To the point that it has a peeling look.
Now i am thinking of just using the salicylic acid in the morning and using the micro retin-a every other night.
My previous regimen was in the morning salicylic acid and the benzoyl peroxide, and at night time just the micro retin-a.
Please let me know, if you think the new regimen I will take over will make my skin less peel -y.
Hi. Concomitant use of retinoids with other topical acne meds should be avoided due to dryness, peeling and fragilitiy of the skin.
Use a bland cleanser such as Cetaphil or La Roche-Posay to normalise skin, and apply Retin-a every other night, gradually increasing to nightly use. You should not use BP or salicyclic acid at the same time as a retinoid.
If Retin-a alone doesn't clear your skin, use in conjunction with an oral antibiotic such as Oxytetracycline 250mg twice daily and/or an anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as Diane35.
Eloise.
So, if I use salicylic acid in the morning, and retin-a at night by itself its not ok?