Acne Community
blackheads, redness, and oily nose
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

blackheads, redness, and oily nose

I had blackheads and my nose was red and oily. No other promlems on my face.  Went to derm and she gave me oral med (dont have it in front of me), and also Retin-A.  I went in thinking i had roseaca, but i was told that wasn't what it was.  I've been on the oral for 3 months and the retin for about 6 weeks.  I've seen a little difference, but its hard to tell when you look at yourself everyday.  I saw my derm last week and she said it looks better.  She also said that it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year to clear.  I hope she is right.  Having this problem has lowered my self- esteem, I'm not real comfortable talking to people like i used to be.  I can't help thinking about this most of the day, everyday.  I believe the reason I'm on here is to grab a second opinion or to get any other helpful information that might be out there.  thanks in advance.
Related Discussions
895242_tn?1241553326
Hi!
I'm 21 years old, I think I have the same problem, when it's get to my period, my nose is really bad, people around me keep telling me my skin is perfect, but I see my little redness on my nose & little pimple, I have a pocket mirror and I keep looking at it.I saw a dermatologist, who gave my oral med too but I had side effect so I have to stop it, Now i'm trying CyEstra-35 I hope that's gonna help because I try everything! I wash my face twice a day (morning and before going to bed) with spectro gel, I don't know if I wash too much... My skin is so sensitive too, When a pimple disappear, a another one appear. Now I'm afraid to go in public, because I think everybody notice. BUT when you do exercise, eat healthy and drink plenty water, that's help a little bit, and do not touch your skin! Before apply cream, wash your hand!  if you have trick let's me know please, I don't know what to try next...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...