bumps and/or sores that won't heal or take long to heal
What are the possible causes of bumps appearing almost daily on my skin, they are red and scab over, but take months to heal leaving scars under the skin. And also bumps that get sore and don't heal, they scab up and/or get scally, sweating  and humid weather make them worse. All of these bumps are on my buttocks, forearms, shoulders, chest, belly, and in my scalp. (some on my face)  Very few from the theigh down, and very few on arm areas not exposed to the sun.Can this be from spicy food, oily food, meats, or some type of infection?
It could be that you're sensitive to the sun in which case cover up or use SPF. It is possible to develop an allergy to practically anything including spicy foods or laundry detergent. There is no evidence to prove that oily foods cause bad skin but a healthy diet can only help you. I would see your doctor if they don't heal it could be psoriasis. x
But if the sores are on your buttocks and scalp (like mine are) they are not exposed to the sun.  I have thick hair on my head and get the sores on my scalp.  And I wear pants that always cover my rear end....so, again, these areas are not exposed to the sun.

I have to admit....I'm a "picker" out of nervous habit and pick these sores.  Is this causing them to NOT heal?
They might be cysts. Please check with the doctor
Sounds like it could be folliculitis. See a dermatologist for antibiotics and bathe with an antibiotic soap such as dial.
you may want to get checked for lupus,, I get the what sounds like the same sores, and it is due to my  discoidal lupus flares..you would need to be diagnosed by a doctor, and it is a lifelong illness, so the sooner you know the better..