Acne Community
can someone get darker because of swimming long term in pools with chlo...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

can someone get darker because of swimming long term in pools with chlorine?

I was competitive swimmer in india about 8 years ago and i used to practice swimming in a pool with chlorine water under hot sun between 3 to 5 pm for couple of years.
My facial skin has become tanned and dark. My original color is indian wheatish color but due to swimming under combination of sun and chlroine has made my skin darker. however my hands and legs which are exposed to same water didnt get tanned like my face.

its weird that only my face had become darker in complexion. Its been about 8 years since i stopped competitive swimming but still my face is dark tanned.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? The skin tanning process usually depends on a variety of factors such as race, skin type or medical history present. If the color of your face is still not the same as before,  it is best that you have this checked by a doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out other skin issues such as hyperpigmentation or underlying medical condition.  Take care and do keep us posted.