cyst like bumps on face! Help!!!
My sister has recently developed cyst like bumps on her face, mostly around her nose in the t-zone area of her face. They are hard and very deep but you can see the white cysts under the skin. they range in size from very tiny to medium around the size of a dull pencil led. Sometimes she is able to remove them with an extractor or by wrapping gauze around her fingers and mashing them out. She's tried exfoliating regularly and recently is using proactive to treat this condition but nothing she's done thus far has worked. I am studying to become an esthtician but I am very new to this course, I would love to be able to at least tell my big sis what these bumps might be. Can you please help us?
Don't squeeze cystic acne it will spread the infection and lead to scarring. Oil and blemishes on the t zone are very common and there are lots of treatments. If the proactive doesn't work try dalacin, differin or a course of antibiotics such as tetracycline. Going on the contraceptive pill Diane35 or Yasmin will help too.
I tried contraceptive Allesse 28 and Tetracycline, they didn't help so I took accutane for six months. my back is better, I still get acne on my face, but it has decreased.