Acne Community
depo shot and acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

depo shot and acne

after i gave birth to my 4month old baby i had been getting pimples when before i had a perfect clean skin i got the depo shot and stop it beacause i though that it was the one making my skin look like this its been almost 2 months since i stop the shot n still continue getting acne, i have try lots of stuff what do you recommend
it is common to get spots after you have a baby due to the change in hormones. As you know the depo-shot can cause acne because it is progesterone. change to an oestrogen and anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as diane35 or Yasmin. You could also try antibiotics or get a topical lotion on prescription. I give this advice assuming you are not breast-feeding. Love loiloi x