Acne Community
dermatologist gave me Clindamycin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dermatologist gave me Clindamycin

my dermatologist gave me Clindamycin today i dont know much about the stuff but its a gel in a tube. he told me to put it on with the retin a mico im using cause im still breaking out i also take minocycline...he told me it will help my skin clear up better.has anyone ever used this stuff before??????????any iffo will help thanks
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I use Clindamycin gel to help with acne I still have and I am on oral antibiotics too. I have found the Clindamycin really helps (after using it a while) with keeping surface breakouts away (or to a minimum). If I forget to use it for a couple days I can start to get acne popping up. Compared to other topical medicines, I think the Clindamycin does the best job and is the least harsh on my skin.
Blank
do you ratin a also with it?or you just use the Clindamycin gel by itself?thanks for the info!
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
You are doing the right thing. Combining topical treatments with oral antibiotics will attack both the oil and the bacteria contributing to your acne. Loiloi x
Blank
thanks for the info.
Blank
i use clindamycin pledgets- they're these wipes, like stridex wipes. i used to use the gel and then the foam but my acne is mostly on my back and i likw the pledgets because cover more space.
im also on doxycycline pills and brevoxyl (10% benzoyl) wash.
ive had pretty embarrassing acne for a couple years...and to be honest the prescriptions havent helped much. but if i go off of them it gets worse so i dont :-/
Blank
Try not doing anything that has milk, cheese, or dairy products and no processed sugar: Whole Foods here you go or Trader Joes. However, you will not be sorry and even the grocery stores have milk free products.
Try organic coconut milk and almond milk as substitutes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...