Acne Community
differin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

differin

I went to see my dermatologist the other day, but it was for two moles that i have that my gyn-dr wanted me to get checked out... she then put me on differin cream for acne??? here recently ive been going through alot of stress, i do have about 6 pimples on my face right now, but this is the most ive ever had at a time... its almost that time of the month for me, ive been in and out of the hospital and dr offices due to stomach problems i think they are all just stress related and im wondering if the differin cream is even worth using if i never really had acne problems before? my face can get worse before it gets better, and my skin was really clear before all this stress.
Tags: irritable
Differin is one of the most effective topical lotions for spots especially when used in conjunction with oral treatment like antibiotics or dianette (diane35 in the States) In my experience, stress doesn't cause acne but acne causes stress. There is theoretical risk that your acne could get a little worse before it gets better but that is much more likely to happen with oral isotretinoin than with a retonoid cream applied to the face. I have sensitive skin and diffferin did not cause itching or irritation. I would use it and deal with the spots now before they potentially become more of a problem, especially as it sounds like you have other things to worry about at the moment too. Get well soon love loiloi xx

hi hun, for some reason i can't read all of your question or my answer. Hope it is the site and not my laptop (£1000 yikes!) but i will try to post my reply again: Differin is one of the most effective topical lotions for spots especially when used in conjunction with oral treatment like antibiotics or dianette (diane35 in the States) In my experience stress does not cause acne but acne causes stress. There is a theorectical risk that your acne may get worse before it gets better but this is much more likely when taking oral isotretinoin than when using a topical retonoid. I have sensitive skin and differin did not cause itching or irritation. Deal with your spots now before they potentially become more of a problem, especially as it sounds like you have other things to worry about at the moment too. Get well soon love loiloi xx