don't listen to dermatologists
Pose a question to pose an answer. An unbelievable amount of funds has been drained into the industry of skin type, based on desirable and undesirable skin appearance. Unfortunately, and more often than not, your very own trusted derma helper, the doc, might be the very person that hands out advice which will basically irritate and already irritating situation. Yes, your doc might make skin that is acne prone, even worse. Based on real life experience, my question is, has anyone else out there experienced this issue. I actually had a deep acne cyst that would not resolve itself. I'm talkin an easy half inch under fatty tissue. The doc resolved the situation with surgery and then demanded that vaseline was the post surgical solution to the area. The application of vaseline caused three more tremendous and painful skin CLOGS around an already open cut area. Imagine that. A professional paid MEGA bucks to worsen an already painful situation. What was the medical response to this? OH...sometimes these kind of deep acne cysts return. ********. I'm tired of spending money on our societal method of *** rubbing a bunch of over paid, incapables. I say don't give another penny to a dermatologist unless they can PROVE they have real solutions to topical and or deep cystic acne. YES...solutions that don't cause you to give birth to one legged babies three years later. These people are circus players. Money makers. Cheaters. In our society, we allow them to BILL for services never rendered... STOP PAYING THEM for their ******** lies.
Hi there!

I understand your viewpoint though I would suggest not to make a generalisation. Not all medications work on everybody and aside the common/ uncommon known side effects, a few patients may also develop idiosyncratic reaction to the prescribed medication. While topical medications work well on the superficial acne, cystic acne usually require systemic treatment/ interventional therapy. I agree that Vaseline application should be avoided on the acne prone area and the region is best kept oil-free though adequately moisturised. To keep the skin acne free it is advised to keep it clean and oil free at all times. Wash the face atleast 2-3 times a day with a mild soap and keep it adequately moisturized. For mild acne one could use ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin; while for severer ones it is best advised to consult a dermatologist for appropriate management.
Hope this was helpful.

Take care!