Acne Community
doxycycline for breakouts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

doxycycline for breakouts?

I've been taking doxycycline for about 4 months consistantly now for clear skin.. it really works but I was wondering if its safe to take long term? Is there a time frame that it should be stopped and then perhaps restarted? Are there side effects long term because it is an antibiotic?  Thanks!
Sara,
I have been taken "Tetracycline" two years ago.It is similar to doxycycline.It was worked on me also.normally doctors are recommend to use those only 6 months.when you use those pills six months, can get good results. still you have used them only 4 months. you can use further 2 months.after 2 months,if you have pimples,meet your dermatologist and get advice from him.Good luck !