Acne Community
face acne at 24 female

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

face acne at 24 female

hi there.
i'm 24 year old female and for the past 7 months i have started to have severe face acne, and the occasional back acne too.These spots seem to be on my jawline, forehead,cheeks, and neck. My doctor has prescribed me oxytetracycline, but this has not worked. I think it may be hormonal or an allergy but have no ideas how this can be treated.

Can u plese help as this is all new to me as i have never suffered from any kind of spots before.

mant thanks for your help and time.
what is oxytetracycline a pill?you need something like RETIN-A and use it along with a pill like minocycline.retin a will dry up pimples it comes in a tube and will be a cream or a paste.there are 3 retin a's i think one is real strong and dries up pimples faster.i would talk to your dermatologist about this.a pill alone never reall works for most of use..Clindamycin is another gel in a tube that works well to you put it on at night over your pimples to dry them up..go back and talk to your dermatologist and tell him its not working for you...good luck
Acne is caused by three main factors; oil, hormones and bacteria. The oxytetracycline you're taking is an anti-biotic which attacks the bacteria. As acne responds rather slowly to anti-biotics you could take an anti-androgen contraceptive pill like Diane35 (Dianette in some countries) or Yasmin. Please note that tetracyaclines may lessen the contraceptive properties of the pill so you will have to use a condom. You could also use a topical lotion, dermatologists have found Differin to be the most effective especially when used in conjunction with oral treatment. Loiloi x
I too have the same problem. I am a 25 year old mom. I've had acne since I was a teen but never has it been this bad. When I was a teen I could control it with regular over the counter solutions like Sea Breeze or any Acne Pad. Now that have had children the acne seems to be immuned. Nothing works. I've used pills, Proactive, and anything I could find in the stores. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am willing to try just about anything.