Acne Community
forehead pimples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

forehead pimples

Hi, I've had pimples on my forehead for years and they haven't gone away. I've literally tried everything. The rest of my face is fine and I occasionally break out on the chin but the pimples on my forehead just stay there. What should I do?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Sweating and poor hygiene can make one susceptible for forehead acne. The pores on the forehead are extremely small, so it is very easy for them to get clogged. There is collection of sebum and dead skin cells throughout the day. There are several preparations for acne that are available over the counter, like Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. Oral antibiotics, contraceptive pills, retinoids, cortisone injections, chemical peels and laser treatment are the available options. You can prevent and treat acne by maintaining healthy habits like eating proper diet, getting a good amount of sleep and drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Consult a dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps.
Take care and regards!