Acne Community
hair loss treatment, and recurring cystic acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

My dermatologist treated my cystic acne condition with accutane in 2003, and then again in 2006.  Each time I was
on the medication for somewhere between 16 to 20 weeks.  I have been experiencing flare ups again.  Each breakout
seems to be related to my menstrual cycle.  The doctor suggests birth control pills or anti-biotics.  He did not recommend another course of accutane.  I used to have very think hair, and now have about half the hair I used to have before treatment with the accutane. I did not mention the hair loss to my doctor, because I did not think that
there was anything that could be done.  Is this condition treatable?  Also, I am on anti-biotics which does not always
help.  I really want to get these breakouts under control again.  My condition is also complicated by the fact that I have epilepsy
and have been on this medication since childhood.  I am in my mid 20's. Any help for me?