Acne Community
healthy with jaw acne
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

healthy with jaw acne

I have had persistent jaw line acne for years now, and am 26 years old. As a student of Nutrition, my diet is exceptional.

The acne usually persists on my right side (I dont predominately sleep on one side, I wash my sheets often, and refrain from touching my face.)

At first I thought Candida... cleansed, saw minimal results (now at take a regular probiotic, my symptoms have lessened, but are still present.)

I have had problems with regular bowel movement my entire life. Now, due to the probiotics (I believe) I experience 1 movement a day (which is miles better than before)

I have also recently introduced Pantothenic Acid (B5) supplementation to my diet, which appears to help.

Could my jaw line acne have an underlying cause?
A parasite?
A GI dissorder?
A bizarre allergy I am unaware of?

Any holistic approach would be greatly appreciated!

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. There is a lack of medical evidence that any particular foods cause or prevent acne. When we eat, nutrients are carried to other vital organs first, meaning skin condition can be poor despite an excellent diet.
Acne occurs when the patient has high levels of androgens, or a particular sensitivity to the effect of androgens. Androgens are male hormones which are present in male and female bodies. Androgens stimulate the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin. Pores become blocked with excess oil and bacteria which feed off this oil. This process results in inflammed acne spots.
Unfortunately, there is a lack of medical evidence that natural remedies are effective in treating acne. If over the counter remedies such as Freederm (nicotinamide) are of limited benefit, see your doctor for a prescription strength gel such as Differin (adapalene). You may also warrant a course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline 250mg twice daily.
You don't say if you are male or female. Female acne patients will benefit from taking an anti-androgen such as Spironolactone and/or a combined oral contraceptive pill such as Diane35 or Yasmin.
Eloise.
Blank
What we eat DOES affect our skin. Yes it is caused by the androgens, and also a weak liver which causes the lymph glads to become congested pushing the poison through our skin.
Blank
1901645_tn?1321597456
Eat more fruits and vegetables.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity