Acne Community
how can i get rid of the nasty acne marks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Hi everyone! I recently had really bad acne all over my face (mostly on my cheeks) as a result of a miscarriage (hormonal levels went caput!), anyway, the only way I could 'cure' it was with antibiotics (smeared all over my face twice a day!), so, now that is gone (still little pimples here and there, nothing to worry about tho) I still have those brown NASTY marks on my face. They are not holes, they are just the marks that acne leaves.....specially when you fool with them (when you shouldn't...i know).
Does anyone know what would be the best treatment for those marks to go away for good without getting pimples back? (im afraid if i use a cream or any other thing my face will brake out again....)

Thank you so much!
Tags: Acne, organic
I have heard that using anti-aging cleansers and moisturizers help with the acne marks.  I have had acne since I was 9 and it's just now starting to clear up (I'm 24) but I have all of the old brown marks too.  I have been using anti-aging stuff, like Mary Kay timewise or something and I'm starting to see results.  If only it could happen overnight... (sigh).
Good Luck to you, hun.
P.S. Proactive works too, but it might dry out your face.
I have been using Pro-Active for some time and i cant say it did work very well for me. It did give some results but i was more demanding (after so many years suffering from acne i wanted such a radical change.)And indeed i was trying here and there looking for the perfect match. Just recently i ordered some [url=http://www.bbonlinepharmacy.com/product/175/accutane-isotretionin-roaccutane/]accutane [/url] and the results were really impressive. I added some swim to the beach and it seemed a miracle happened with the combination. I recommend you try it if you want the best result. I can say if it workd well for everybody but maybe with a good cream. hope i did help you a bit.
If you use hydroquinine be ESPECIALLY sure to use sunscreen.Love Venora
PS and sunscreen,sunscreen ,sunscreen
you might want to try a product with hydroquinone in it. Its a bleaching agent for skin, and results are seen quite fast on any type of skin discoloration.
You need a good beta hydoxy exfoliator such  as Paulas Choice.In fact if you visit her web site she has an excellent battle plan for acne.I have followed it with great success for ove 1 year.I am 49 and I have had acne since puberty.I used clinique and it worked but not like Paulas choice.http://www.cosmeticscop.com Love venora
Hello All.  I was on Accutin (however you spell it) and it worked wonders on my skin.  unfortunately there is a chance of it coming back.  mine did, but not as bad.
Hi. I am new to this forum. Acne is something I was struggling with. I hope this helps you. I stopped using all medication prescribed by my dermatologist.

The shampoo, conditioner and soap are things that are very important. I buy this brand called Aubrey Organics, it has no parabens, mineral oils and no aluminium. The products are all natural from the earth and organic as well.It is not too expensive but it is well worth it. I use Aubrey organic rose hip seed oil at night.
My skin has improved so much.

Also the other thing I use fresh turmeric , I grind it in a mortar and pestle and mix it with some yogurt and put it on my face for about 1/2 hour. Use little cause it stains,after you wash your face , it may be yellow. I use my aubrey organics face wash to get the yellow stuff off.You can read about the properties in turmeric online.

Also my change in diet has helped, I eat organic food. I take a probiotic tablet everyday. I buy organic pasteurised and unhomogenised milk. I follow this book called the The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin. This has nade a incredible difference.

So basically using natural products, the acne has stopped. The scars are going away too.
Scars can be removed by massaging cocoa butter, shea butter, Vitamin E oil or taking capsules. More home remedies are listed at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/stretchmarks.html
try Betadezyne (probally spelled wrong) but has a chemical Beta in it.
Try Herpanacine tablets...alongwith 50 Mg Zinc Intake...It will clear your skin internally. Concurrently use light skin peels which help you exfoliate. Protect your skin from the sun using an SPF30 or even higher sun screen..It will take a while for them to clear up..But results are sure..

Cheers!!!
I used a product called obaji system it works but expensive u follow the steps and it does stop acne breakouts and it clears the dark spots left from acne completely it takes about six weeks to actually notice an about three months to actually clear your face totally good on all skin types I am African American
I have had acne since I was a young girl. My skin is very oily. At age 13 I was seen by a dermatologist and he prescribed antibiotics and Retin A gel. My skin cleared however I had to be very careful about being in the sun. Back then sunblock was not recommended as it is now. At age 19 I began using Mary Kay products. My mother had purchased so many expensive products previously that just didn't work. I am now 50 years old and though I still get occassional breakouts my skin is really beautiful. I use my cleanser, toner, and moisturizer faithfully. I must say that anyone with oily skin should only be using oil free products on their face. I keep my scalp clean as this can cause facial acne as well. I don't use any oil products on my scalp either. My hair and skin are very healthy. Mary Kay is really the only product that has worked on my African American skin.
just apply lemon juice with same quantity of rose water . after 2 weeks u will get excellent results.