injection on pimple
dear doctor,

i had few injections on my pimples o my face abt a month ago, which i was not told of the side effects. Now  the area of the injections had become dented. I was on reaccutane which i stopped taking it few days back. I've read somewhere in the internet that by taking the reaccutane it will slow down the healing process of the atrophy. Is this true? Will the dented side affect go away?
Really need your advice.
Thank you.
Hi. You must not have any cosmetic procedure (waxing, microdermabrasion, laser treatment, sunbed etc) whilst on Roaccutane and for 6 months afterwards, due to the increased fragility of the skin. This is stated in the information leaflet which accompanies Roaccutane tablets.
These puncture marks may well close over on their own. If they do not you can see a dermatologist about repairing them, but you cannot have such a procedure done until you have been off Roaccutane for 6 months.
Has Roaccutane cleared your acne?
Eloise.
thx for you comment...i think roaccutane did improve the condition (but i still have acne here and there), but as for now i have stopped taking the roaccutane. as i mentioned, i 've read that it will slow down the healing of the atrpohy, which bother me more than the pimple!
i've read that in most casses the dented side effect will heal by itself ( i hope its true).
it's been abt a month or so...long way to go