ACNE
COMMUNITY
is it ok to take Tetracycline and Erythromycin together?
by bella_moritz, Jul 25, 2008
I've been taking Erythromycin for 2 years and i think its fine, it hasnt gotten rid of my acne but it controls the majority of it. However recently my doctor thought that i may have simply formed resistence to it so she prescribed me Tetracycline.

I've been taking that Tetracycline for 4 days now and have not seen one benefit of it, however yesterday i took some erythromycin with my Tetracycline and some improvement happened.

I personally dont think I've become resistant to the Erythromycin and the Tetracycline dosing is getting on my nerves.

Theoretically speaking, If i were to take my Erythromicin and Tetracycline as well, would there be any health risks involved?

Before the tetracycline was prescribed my dosage was:        1 Erythromycin twice daily
Now, Tetracycline is my prescription med, my dosage is:      2 Tetracyclines twice daily (an hour or more before food)