Acne Community
isotrexin gel....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

isotrexin gel....

Hi,

I started using isotrexin gel on my face about a week ago. I understand that the erythromycin in the isotrexin gel works by breaking down proteins in bacteria to inhibit replication of bacteria...

I have just started using a mosturiser that is light and will not clog my pores and i have noticed that it contains proteins, so i was just wondering if this will have any affect on the effects of the gel?

It probably doesn't but i just wanted to be sure.

Thankyou
Related Discussions
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. The moisturiser shouldn't interfer with the Isotrexin gel, providing it is non-acnegenic. Acneic skin usually doesn't need moisturising, but as Isotrexin can cause dryness and peeling it may be necessary for you, especially at the start of treatment. If excessive dryness or redness occurs you can use Isotrexin every other day and gradually increase to daily use.
When using topical retinoids or topical antibiotics I recommend using a bland cleanser such as Physiological Gel by La Roche-Posay (available online if there is not a stockist near you). I also like Estee Lauder's Sparkling Clean cleanser for oily skin, which is effective without stripping skin fragilised by topical acne treatments.
Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank