Acne Community
parents & birth control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

parents & birth control

My ob/gyn recently prescribed birth control for me & it is under my parents insurance (independent health).  They do not know that I'm sexually active, nor would they condone it.  Is there anything I can do to prevent them from finding out about it?? Or, do you think it's believable if I tell them that my ob/gyn prescribed birth control to help regulate my period? (even though my periods aren't irregular). ha.

Thanks for your time!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Birth control pills are prescribed for irregular periods in few women. Whether you want to disclose it to your parents or not depends on you. The doctors prescription may contain the indication of using pills. It is better to think and then take the decision .Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!