Acne Community
pimple popping addiction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pimple popping addiction

Hi, I have this problem where i kinda like to pop my pimples. ill get rly close to the mirror just to pop one but then i see others and i can't stop. then afterwards my face looks rly red and i get rly frustrated and mad at myself for doing it. I use proactiv but it hasn't rly been working recently probably because ive been doing this so much. nobody else knows rly and i'm too embarrased to tell anyone. I just can't stop!! please please help me!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. This is actually a known medical condition, where the patient (often female) has mild acne which she aggreviates by popping the spots.
Squeezing spots seldom helps their apperance and can lead to secondary infection and scarring. Bacteria is spread under the skin, delaying healing and causing more pimples.
Applying a potential irritant like benzoyl peroxide (Proactiv) and popping spots will leave your face angry and sore.
See your doctor for an effective topical or oral remedy. A course of oral antibiotics will help and (if you are female) the birth control pill Diane35 is beneficial too. Mention your addiction and discuss whether counselling or an anxiety-relieving medication would benefit you.
Eloise.
Blank
5595906_tn?1370583245
The original lesion was probably harmless even though you found it unappealing to look at. Although it is tempting, squeezing or popping blemishes seldom improves their appearance. It can also spread bacteria causing secondary infection and lead to  scarring.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...