pimple that turned purple?
I am 15 years old and have no STDs. I have/had a pimple in my genital area, just below my pants- line. I popped this pimple in hopes that it would go away. It didn't, it just turned this puple-ish color. What should I do?
Hi. Do not pop pimples. This will spread bacteria under the skin, resulting in more spots, delayed healing time and secondary infection. As pimples heal they often turn purple, so don't worry. Put some Sudocrem cream on, which contains zinc to promote skin healing.
Yeah, don't pop pimples.  If they become bothersome and they have come to a head there is a tool called a comedone extractor.  Just search Comedone Extractor and you will see what it is.  Go to wal-mart and get one for $1-2.  I found it near the eyelash curlers and nail clippers.  **This is only meant for the pimples that have come to a white head and are ready to be extracted.  If you try to use this on one that is not ready then you will push the bacteria deeper into your skin causing more pain and more of a problem.**  What you've described is what you should've waited to do a few more days or you didn't extract it the right way.  You could've bruised the skin and pushed the bacteria deeper into the skin.  It may take a few days for it to come to a head again.  Okay, back to the comedone extractor...  ONLY if it has come to a head either take a warm bath or take a warm wash cloth and hold it on the pimple for a minute or so.  If it's ready the warmth will open the pore.  Take the round loop (the flat loop is more for blackheads) of the extractor and place it over the pimple and apply even pressure on it.  DO NOT PULL IT ACROSS THE SKIN.  This will cause farther distribution of the bacteria and can cause more pimples in different areas.  If it has popped make sure that you have gotten all of the white gunky stuff out.  If only a little bit came out then reapply the warm cloth and give it a few more minutes to losen up the bacteria and to reopen the pore.  Try the extractor again.  After it's all out, clean it very well with a peroxide acne cleanser, like acnefree or panoxyl.  If you can, apply an antibacterial cream, not ointment.  Ointments normally have petroleum in it which causes it to clog up again.  If you shave in that area make sure you use clean, sharp razors and not an electric razor.  Also, if you shave use this stuff called Bikini Zone.  It's great for preventing razor burns and bumps.  Take care of it and if it gets infected then you may need to go to the doctor and they will give you a really strong cream to put on it.